Thursday, October 29, 2009

'I wouldn't want to live forever' - Robert Pattinson





When Robert Pattinson's character, Cedric Diggory, was ruthlessly slain in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - thereby ending his brief, but magical spell at Hogwarts - it could so easily have been curtains for his fledgling career. Instead, it acted as the catalyst for a grander fantasy, as he was propelled from bit-part wizard to vampire lead Edward Cullen in the film adaptation of Stephenie Meyer's best-selling teen-tome, Twilight.


In doing so, not only has Pattinson starred in two of the biggest fantasy franchises in film history - a huge coup for any aspiring actor - but he's also become one of Hollywood's hottest new stars and a pin-up for hordes of adoring, teenage girls.

Accordingly, his life's become a whirl of crazed, Twilight fans loitering outside his home, the paparazzi preying upon his every move and being mobbed whenever he appears in public. It's a predicament he's struggling to cope with.

"Every time I go out, no matter where I am, people just go completely nuts! It's unreal," he says, shaking his head in disbelief. "When I started doing this, I knew the books were big in America but it keeps surprising me how much bigger everything's getting! Every time I see physical manifestations of it, like fans going wild, my brain can't process it, because it's just too weird.


Read the whole article here.

No comments:

Post a Comment